Fig Health Benefits
- Figs can be part of almost any special diet, be it low fat, low sodium, high fiber, weight loss or diabetic.
- They satisfy a sweet tooth without adding any fat. Their unique satiny texture and seeds provide a satisfying mouth feel and crunch.
- Figs are fat-free, sodium-free and cholesterol-free.
- Figs are high in fiber, providing 20% of the Daily Value - more than any other common dried or fresh fruit.
- Figs have the highest mineral content of all common fruits. A 1/4 cup serving provides 244 mg of potassium (7% of the DV), 53 mg of calcium (6% of the DV) and 1.2 mg of iron (6% of the DV).
Ginger's Health Benefits
We are constantly fascinated with the many therapeutic values of this magical root. here' just a sampling of the natural benefits ginger offers to common ailments:
- Arthritis In one published trial, 74% of rheumatoid arthritis sufferers reported marked pain relief and 59% reported a reduction in swelling.
- Nausea A study from Brigham University found that ginger curbs nausea by ?interrupting the feedback between the stomach and the nausea center of the brain.?
- Circulation Ginger has been shown to stimulate circulation and the warmth it imparts to the body corrects the surface chillness associated with colds.
- Antioxidant Ginger contains phenolic compounds that protect fat cells from being damaged by highly destructive free radicals.
- Digestion Ginger is a carminative (ridding the stomach and intestines of gas) and an aid in the digestion of fatty foodss
Nutrition FactsServing Size 1 TBSP
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories|| 50|| |
|Calories from Fat|| 0|| |
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat|| 0g|| 0%|
|Saturated Fat|| 0g|| 0%|
|Cholesterol|| 0g|| 0%|
|Sodium|| 0mg|| 0%|
|Total Carbohydrate|| 13g|| 4%|
|Dietary Fiber|| 0g|| 0%|
|Vitamin A|| 0%||•||Vitamin C|| 0%|
|Calcium|| 0%||•||Iron|| 0%|
Fruit (fig paste, dried figs, fig juice), pure cane sugar,